Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting




The composition of a painting is often times very complex, however, in this particular project I found it fairly simple to organize and separate all of the elements in my acrylic painting. To enable the element of organization in my artwork, I made sure of making an extreme distinction between the foreground, middle-ground, and background. By doing this, I was able to create a sense of organization and attain a good composition. To ensure that atmospheric perspective was used in my painting, Atmospheric perspective is a technique used in art that renders distance and depth. To enhance the idea of atmospheric perspective, the background landscape was more dull and didn't have as much clarity as the middle-ground and foreground do it being farther away and harder to see in real life.  To create a light source, i made one side of the painting overall lighter than the other side and on the opposite side of where the light source was supposed to be coming from, I added cast shadows of the objects in the piece. I used an analogous color scheme with the colors: orange, yellow orange, yellow, and yellow green. Analogous means colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. During the process of painting, I used a wide variety of large and small brush strokes that gave each element in my painting a special touch and created texture. I used a fan brush for mostly textural reasons and for details and larger thicker brushes for more solid things. I used a variety of lights and darks in my painting to create value. This also plays into the use of light sources as well as cast shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment