Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pastel Still Life Project


To plan the composition for this project, I set up the projects that I was using in a way that the light was captured well and was going to be able to capture the eye of the viewer.  A thumbnail sketch is a smaller scale sketch of what you're going to draw to try and focus in on exactly what you're going to do.  The viewfinder helped me to decide my composition because it helped me as an artist to decide how much of the still-life set up I wanted to portray through this piece of artwork. I really enjoyed the whole process of this project mostly because pastels are one of my favorite types of art and also because it was so interesting to work with such a wide variety of bright colors. I made the objects in my piece to look three dimensional by adding value, as in light and dark spaces within a given area. I also made it look three dimensional by adding a light source and cast shadows of my objects.  To create a light source, i made one side lighter than the other and added certain areas of lightness where the light source was glaring on the wrappers. By creating a light source, cast shadows are also created which helps to enhance the light source itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment